Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Coming Home

I rarely leave, so when I do, I get lovin! And not just from my kids and husband! Even the dogs are wagging their tails off (uh-oh, did anyone feed them while I was gone????) When I stepped off the Marta train, no one was in sight but I saw the car parked (illegally). So I went over and, yes, it was unlocked, so I threw my stuff in but no Rae boys in sight. So called Steve on the cell, I guessed we just missed each other. But the first one who spots me is Cameron, and he runs up and throws himself at me, a blizzard of kisses, am I not the lucky one??? Gavin was in the midst of some tirade, so Steve gave me a kiss and hug. John was at a friends, and when we picked him up, went into an all-out attack on his brother until I said: "Hi, John!! Did you miss me?" And then, he stopped, and rubbed my arm from the back seat, and said, "Hi, Mommy." (The mommy word is only reserved for intimate times or requests for purchases). I still have to say, seeing the dogs get so excited tells me that, indeed, I was missed! Plus, Gavin saying "Mom, Dad wouldn't get us food!" was pretty funny. But the food buyer is back now . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to be so loved and appreciated! Obviously, the children missed having their needs met in the way they're used to. I mean, I'm sure Steve didn't starve them, but the boys are probably used to getting their favorite foods, having their minds/emotions read and sorted out, having a certain loving, positive energy in the house--all that comes from their mommy. You're more than just a food buyer!
Also, our husbands are more generous than some to pick up the slack when we need a week-end away. But, no matter what they do, they can't be the mommy (and they know it--they don't even try to approach that level--they just want to keep the kids alive until the mommy comes back home.)
Glad you made it back safely. Chi-Town Pal

suZen said...

Yes, Chi-town Pal, I am blessed in many ways. I know I am more than the food buyer! I am the wine drinker! The dog letter-inner-outer extraordinaire. And the online bill payer . . . the laundress . . . the gardener; the dog poo flinger . . . the boss - that is what I am. I do it all, except get paid. But I am paid with love!