Monday, September 10, 2007

Inspiration


It comes when you need it. How about this, doesn't it just send chills up your spine:





From Kevin Enners, age 13, who just completed his first Rock n Roll Marathon:

My Dad and I finished the Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon and we beat our fund raising goal, raising the second most of the entire team - thanks to your help!

Here are a few pictures of the race. It was a blast - really fun and exciting. I finally got to meet Rick Hoyt - I'm sitting next to him in the group picture.

The Hoyt's made us feel like VIP's. The night before the race, the Hoyt's gave us a pasta party. On race day morning, we were able to wait for the start of the race in the VIP area with all the world-class runners. After the race, the Hoyt's had a tent on the beach where we were able to relax with the rest of the Hoyt team. They gave me a Team Hoyt racing singlet and jacket - they're awesome! Saturday night, we went to a concert on the beach and saw The Steve Miller band - they were great!

We started the race right up front behind the elite wheelchair athletes - look close at the two start-of-the-race pictures - you can see me in my big silver bike. The crowds cheered us on and the other runners cheered us on also. It was a lot of fun and we plan to do it again next year!

Thank you for contributing to the Hoyt Fund!

Kevin














You have to also say, Dad rocks!!!! Go, Dad!!! Trust me, Mom behind the scene rocks too.







No comments: