Monday, September 17, 2007

I love, therefore I am

When I wake up and join the "middle of the night club," which happens now most every night, I think about what I love. I start with my bed, because it is indeed big and comfy. I love (not in any particular order) . . . my bed; my pink hair and glasses; my jacuzzi; my circle of friends; my pilates classes; my kids; my family; my husband; the glimpse of fall weather the last two days; my tandem bike; my car; white Italian wine; my washer and dryer (vroom, vroom); my new hat; my screened porch;my memories; my phoenix t-shirt; clogs of any kind; my tattoos; my wedding ring; my blue sapphire cupid pin;my "Love is Hell" coffee cup;the artisan wind chime that my sister sent me (although it is never windy enough here!); my herb garden; everything my kids have made, excluding messes; my fake designer handbags; my real Bottega Veneta clutch; my fake nails; my scars; my freedom; and that's about it. Kidding!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are, and therefore I love you!

Anonymous said...

Counting blessings is so much better than counting sheep when sleepless (or my specialty, thinking about things that I can't change or than annoy/aggravate me). In general, I do think it's easier to see the good things we have than dwell on the negative (although we all have those days when the bad far outweighs the good). I will always be grateful to have a buddy like you!