Friday, August 24, 2007

Klaus loves Susanne

Klaus is Steve's cousin and lives in Denmark. He recently sent me this email. He often inspires me with his words and he has an amazing understanding of the English language. (When he says he was paced by a moped, both he and his wife ride bikes to work in Copenhagen, approximately 15 miles each way. Did I mention that they are both very fit! :-). I hope this inspires you as well, and I hope you have someone that loves you so much that they remember exactly when you met . . .


It's a wonderful world. And today is a wonderful day. Today (Or rather at 22:08) 25 years ago Susanne and I met for the first time. And the world has never been the same since. To me it is still a question which I cannot answer. What is it, that makes Susanne able to so totally and absolute able to be just what I have been looking for? From a distance she is not the most beautiful girl I have seen, she is not the most intelligent, her taste of clothes has a lot to desire.....There are so many things with a lot of room for improvement..... from a distance.

But then.... when I get closer... It all smears away and I am just a lump of clay in her hands unable to see anything but her blue/grey eyes, feel the softness of her hair.... It is as if nothing else matters. What a wonderful world, what a wonderful day. If everybody could have just a little of the same happiness... On my way to work the wind was in my back, the sun was shining and I was paced by a moped for at least 5km. When I opened my mailbox a message from Susanne popped up.

All of my love to you and Stephen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's an expressive writer, and you're right, he knows his way around the English language. Sounds like they're a couple who chose each other well.

His words reminded me of the song "Funny Valentine". I'm recalling Frank Sinatra's version. "Is your figure less than Greek, is your mouth a litlle weak?"

Anonymous said...

That is quite lovely. Not only in the use of words but in sentiment.

I know some non-English-first Europeans and they have a very charming way of using our language, in enlightening and unexpected ways. Often more eloquent and inventive (they have to search for words to descrbe their intentions) than we native speakers are.