Friday, August 10, 2007

Be a Co-Survivor


The Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness web site has tremendous information, support, and resources for all those affected by a diagnosis of breast cancer. While I am a cancer survivor myself, I have only been a remote supporter for friends of friends. I feel the time has come to do more than cash donations and pink fund-raising hair extensions. One very simple way to be supportive is to join a co-survivor group. Co-survivors help out where needed in many ways, including making meals, phone calls, driving to appointments, running errands, helping with household needs, and so on. You can be a friend, co-worker, neighbor, or perhaps a friend of a friend. For more information, visit http://cms.komen.org/komen/AboutBreastCancer/Support/Co-Survivor/index.htm
Please let me know if you should ever need my help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's brave of you to lean into someone else's suffering.

suZen said...

I think it is so much easier to support someone else than be the one suffering! Maybe that's because we are female. It makes me feel useful . . . it makes me feel happy.