Tuesday, June 5, 2007

On a roll/rock 'n roll

We really cruised today when Sue Berner came to help . . . I think she should become a professional organizer! Here is Sue in her element:


What treasures uncovered today? My mom's brother's purple heart from WWII; a Wii at walmart . . . well, that doesn't really count, but boy were they excited! We found John's Bunny's ear behind a book. And we cruised through the clean out (thanks to Sue, who promised to return Rick Kuhn's freshman yearbook to the rightful owner . . .) Thanks, Sue! Someone named "Pam" has scooped up all the boxes in Pana . . . so send us your boxes! Or come pick up some really good stuff!! Scott and Connie look cozy in their Russian fur hats . . as John & Gavin do! Closets are empty . . . kitchen is clean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's fun to see a travel log while you're away travelling. The boys look so cute in their fur hats.
I feel like I'm getting a peek at your trip while it's evolving. Dylan called John a few times, but Steve called him and let him know you were up north.

You are a good daughter, helping your parents sort through years of accumulated stuff. Why do we love to hang on to our things? In some ways, it makes the passage of time all the more apparant. Out with the old, in with the new!

suZen said...

Thanks, Christine. I did what I could! Since I had to purge twice for my mother-in-law's moves, it has changed the way I think about accumulating. In fact, now that I'm home I want to purge everything here, as well! (at least the closets . . .)

I felt like my entire past flashed before my eyes. Even the radio stations were playing songs from the 60s and 70s. . . very little had changed . . . time stands still in a little town.