Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Tao of Ordering Checks


Time is of the essence. . . time to reorder checks. I usually go with the standard issue . . . but I am so ready to break out! That is when all the trouble began . . . I can easily reorder online, choosing from an extensive list of symbols and fonts and fun backgrounds, even collegiate checks! (does that mean for every check that I write, a donation for my alma mater?)

I'll be honest, after spending about 10 minutes, I couldn't commit. While I could piece together a unique checkfront, it didn't fit me exactly or Steve exactly and definitely not us exactly. Did you know you can choose from all the monopoly characters to do a 'corner embellishment?" Who knew???

I think it is important how you represent yourself . . . don't want to offend or distress or even confuse someone when it comes to being financially responsible.

Well, I tried customizing - I panned through sports, didn't see anyone doing pilates or yoga, and no one on an elliptical machine (I guess that is what MJ meant about me not being athletic . . . ) Couldn't exactly identify with the watering can; I am totally a fair weather gardener and I blow it off when it doesn't suit me, plus it is sprinkler or nothing during this drought. Steve rides the bike, not me (although it is on my to do list to get my license this year). John plays guitar . . . Gavin loves scottie dogs; well, any dog for that matter; Cameron, cows. Religious symbols, didn't know about the yin/yang . . . maybe the hummingbird? No dragonflies that I could find.

Finally, I had the option of adding a one liner: namaste? hasta la vista baby? (talking to the outgoing funds). Keep on rockin' in the free world? Right now! (Van Halen)

Uh-oh - took a detour and went to another check website. Now I can choose from Barbie, Elvira, Kiss, and a whole host of country music artists. I can get a copy of the last supper! Shopping girlies, oh, I found dragonflies and fairies. This is insane.

Ah, let the kiddies and the hubbie get their own checks when they grow up (and/or if they are smart enough to know the password for my online acct!). Looks like I'm going with the martini glass on the animal print background with "shop till you drop" as my one liner.

TTFN!

No comments: