Monday, February 25, 2008

Beating my head against the wall


I wish I could say that I bumped my head on the glass ceiling . . . but last Friday I actually walked into a really clean glass wall while I was working, not paying attention to what I was doing. I can't tell you how stupid I felt. I can tell you how much my head hurts, mini-possible -concussion all weekend. If Deepak Chopra weren't so enlightening, I would not have made it through his three hour presentation on Saturday. I felt completely at ease, like I had heard him speak before, even though I never have. Hubbie got a lot from it, excited and ready to put all his good intentions into his work . . . I, conversely, am thinking about my shadows. It dawned on me that perhaps I am literally banging my head against the wall, wasting my time. Eye opener! I was forced to self-medicate with wine on Saturday evening.

Maybe I take everything too literally, but I had to replace three light bulbs in my kitchen that blew all at the same time! Let there be light! Come out of the darkness!

Still managed to complete my "Sex and the City workout" on Sunday. More on that another time .





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls won't post, here's what they sent to me:

Laura said, "Were you holding a cup of coffee like that lady in the car commercial…”door open!” That totally cracks me up!"

Kel-e said, "What's up head banger??? I have ( dare I wish to admit) done that
glass door running into thing as well but many moons ago. Hard to say
what is worse the pain or feeling of ignorance.
Now-- What is this Sex and the City workout??!!!"

Susan P. said: "you are too funny! I think the light blowout is very "enlightening". I would take it as a sign. Of course I don't know what kind of sign. I think you just may be soooo HOT! You need a very exciting project. Of course I am working on one for you!!!!"

And Tracey said, "Love to hear your insights. Don't feel too badly
about the glass wall. I did the same thing - at a
party and the bar was out on the deck. The sliding
glass door had been open all night. Well, I am
walking full speed ahead and bang - everyone heard it
even over the music. Felt completely ridiculous, but
unlike you - had self medicated well in advance and
didn't feel a thing.

Hope that makes you feel better."

It did!!!

Anonymous said...

I recall a time when I was at a dinner the night before my sister was going to be married. The condo we were at had an outside deck, accessed by a sliding glass door. At some point, the sliding door was left open and the sliding screen door was closed, to allow air to flow through. All of my previous trips from the inside to the deck outside involved opening the sliding glass door. All of the sudden it appeared that someone had left the sliding glass door open, but the screen door was closed and it was getting darker outside, so I completely missed seeing it and walked right into it. I knocked the door completely off it's track and it hit the deck with a loud WHAM! That was embarrassing but at least no one was injured.
Fritz

suZen said...

Thank you for that Fritz! Glad you weren't hurt. I'm still feeling the pain. BTW, do I know you? :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, of course you know me. When I took German in high school, we all picked a common German first name and that was mine so I often sign my posts that way. Doesn't the story sound familiar?
Fritz