Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas (turn) of the tidings

Here's what is happening with my kids, and I recall that it happened with me, also! When they turn 12 or 13 or 15 or so, the things they want are 1) extremely expensive or 2) not really toys. So . . . . parents go in search of beneficial personal products. We look at: hairdryers and hairbrushes; sonic toothbrushes; nose hair trimmers; tempurpedic mattress toppers (ahhhhhhh) . . . ..
But wait! Gavin is showing me retro games, stuff that we were playing ten years ago! Shocking! He loved the 'retro' look and movability of the characters. Me, I never played, so I am just basically stuck in a time warp. I always did like sliding down the snow hill on Mario . . . never really enjoyed picking out all the outfits on the SIMS.

I did find some really funny stuff on Spilsbury . . . your one stop shop for gag gifts galore! I admit to ordering one "butthead" game, a Velcro cloth helmet is put on by two players, and you throw balls at each others head. Ahhh, come on . . . and some "burp guns" that shoot foam/ping pong balls . . . and . . . well, I'll have to tell you more later!!!

Hmmm . . . I think my holiday spirit is kicking in!!

No comments: