Thursday, January 3, 2008

I stole it

From my "Zen Daily Inspiration" calendar (from Kel): for January 2nd (yesterday - ha!):

"The best preparation for a better life next year is a full complete, harmonious, joyous life this year" - Thomas Dreier.

So, I'm done!!!!! (kidding). In reality, I am embarking on a new journey and not worried about getting in shape, finding my dream career, drinking less, etc. I didn't say I'm not trying, I just said I'm not worrying . . . big difference.

From Daily Candy, even easier:
KEEP: One Resolution
What: Make it one of the easy ones.
Why: You’ll feel better.
When: It’s never too late.
Where: Here

Here is a new tradition, well, kinda an old one. I always keep holiday cards, and I especially like the photos. I have been tucking them away in drawers and boxes and will occasionally stumble across them. I never have the heart to discard (except for those ridiculous, verbose newsletters. If it isn't a total spoof, I don't really want to read it!) So from now on, I am keeping them all in a box that says "grace", from friend Hilda. I just love to see you all. It brings me total joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Portuguese bloggers now!

How nice to keep old cards. I used to use them as gift tags, but now I hardly get any, probably because Idon't send them.

I don't know how the older generation did it either. But maybe there was less buying.